Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, February 23, 2009

The start of a new change...


Hey family!!!
So this week has been pretty crazy. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I got to play mini-ZL with Elder Howell until I got my new comp on Thursday. Tuesday I also got my residency! YAY! No worries about getting thrown out of the country now. =P

Thursday was a pretty good day. Changes meeting was crazier than usual, the APs made some mistakes here and there...like not telling 2 companionships they had changes...yeah...that was bad. But, my new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Tagliaferri from Las Vegas. Funny thing is, he´s only been in the country for 6 months and he went from junior companion to what we call a potty-trainer and a district leader. (A potty-trainer is a newbie´s 2nd companion.) But yeah, I showed him around the area Thursday and then Friday he had to go to Moravia and give his first baptismal interview. Saturday morning we had to meet at the stake center for the district leaders meeting aaaand this week is going to be the only week my companion will be in our area every day. We´ve got like 6 divisions this change and since I know the area and Tagliaferri doesn´t, he´ll be leaving the area and I´ll be staying here in Garabito every time. Sooo yeah, it´ll take a while for my comp to learn the area since he´s pretty much never gonna be here. =( But he´s a cool guy and we´ve been having fun these first few days.

When Elder Campbell went home he left me his old bag, so I´m using that for the time being. I bought a new Biblia on Saturday and this girl in my ward gave me a new Libro de Mormón, so I´m good for now. I still need a new himnario but I´m working on that.

Other than that nothing much is new. Más o menos I´m training Elder Tagliaferri on how to be a DL, which has been pretty funny since he has 3 months more than me in the country. But then again, he only has 3 months more than me in the country and he´s a District Leader. =P
My spanish continues to improve little by little. I´m still struggling with casual conversation a little bit, but I can hold my own alright for the most part. I practice trying to tell stories in spanish, that helps a lot. Me and one of the elders in my district, Elder Bonn, have been deemed the story-tellers of the Zone. I´ve lost count of how many stories I´ll told in these last 3 months, but apparently I´m good at it. =D

Oh yeah so here are some details on the soccer stuff here. There are 2 major teams that most everyone are split on: Saprissa and La Liga (I think that´s how you spell it). Missionaries here choose their team within the first month in the country. Well, my first area is in Saprissa territory, so I went Saprissa. Helps that Saprissa Staduim is in my area. =P Elder Tagliaferri is for La Liga but hey, nobody´s perfect. =

How is Derek doing with school and stuff? How are Ashley and Logan doing with school and all that jazz? How´s work? That´s tough that Dad may be off work till May, that puts things in a tight spot. How´s he handling it?

I love you all and I hope things are going well stateside. Just know that I´m having fun and working hard. I can´t believe I´ve been gone for 5 months! That´s nuts. Seems like just yesterday I was watching How I Met Your Mother back home. =P The time is flying but I still have a lot of work to do. No time to just sit around! Take care and and tune in next week for more news!
...yeah I´m a dork...meh, it´s all good. ¡Pura Vida!
Your Son,
Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment