Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fecha Set!

Hola Mamá!
This week has been...well I was going to say different but it´s pretty much been the same. I got sick New Year´s Day though, stomach flu. I didn´t enjoy that at all and going out to work that night, although the choice itself wasn´t hard, but the feeling in my gut made it hard to stay on my feet. I got through the night though just as I told Elder DePriest I would. I did ask my comp for a blessing, and the next 2 days I felt better but not able to eat a whole lot. I´m a ton better now, so no worries here. =)
The girl Jackie that we´ve been teaching has hit a brick wall. She was baptized in the evangelical church some time ago and more or less just doesn´t want to understand why that baptism didn´t count. I´ve been wracking my brain, praying, and studying for some way to explain it better, but I´m drawing blanks. It´s a really simple concept: After the Apostles died, the authority to baptize and officiate in the church was lost. But she was taught that the Apostles did pass on the authority...which isn´t what happened. It´s discouraging but we´re trying. On the flip side, we have a fecha! The Tibas Ward has had an investigator coming to church for over a month now, and since that ward has no missionaries they called us! Her name is Fabiola, she´s 21, and she has 2 small boys. She knows a ton about the church, it´s been a blessing teaching her! The baptism is set for Jan. 17th, and that leaves us with 3 more lessons with her to cover everything not involved in the first 3 lessons. Time is short, but she´s golden. =)
I´m glad to hear Dad is feeling better and is back to work. If Dad gets bed-ridden by something I can only imagine how bad it was. I´m sure once Derek gets out to school things will start to fall into place. He just needs to relax and not worry about it so much. I found that when you worry, things just get worse. Or so it seems. Ashley´s going to burn herself out if she keeps it up. The body can only take so much! I hope she realizes this and takes things easy at work this new year. I´m glad to hear Derek and Logan have gotten a little closer since I´ve been gone. I´m happy Derek stepped up to the plate on that. =) I know it´s hard for you to focus at home with so much going on and in disarray. I hope things will start to slow down and you can get some much needed and well deserved rest. This is usually the down time for the family, so hopefully nothing too crazy happens to throw that off.
Whew, well Changes are this week. One of my Zone Leaders, Elder Evans, is getting swtiched out and then all 3 latinos in the zone are getting moved too. I´m still with Elder DePriest in his LAST change! The man is dying! Going home! Returning to the Land of the Restoration in 6 weeks! Haha, I´m trying not to bring that up much since my other Zone Leader, Elder Campbell, who is leaving in 6 weeks as well, is already bringing that up a lot. I don´t want my trainer getting trunky while I´m still here! =P
Alright Mom, I better go. Tell everyone hi for me and that I love them. I still haven´t sent off my package yet, I haven´t found anything trust worthy to send the items in yet. I did get your package when I went to the temple. Elder DePriest and I have been enjoying the change of music, since before all we had was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. =P Thank you for that! =)
I love you and I´ll talk to you in a week. Take care and don´t worry about me, I´m loving it here!
Your Son,
Elder Nunez

No comments:

Post a Comment