Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Earthquake!

YEAH EARTHQUAKE! Haha, San José really didn´t get hit too hard by the quake. I was at lunch with my Zone when it hit, and all of us gringos were just like "Oh, hey, earthquake, cool." But all the ticos in the restaruant were freaking and running out of the building. One of the elders, Elder Bonn, was on his feet heading for the door when my district leader, Elder Jones, started laughing at him and was like "Dang it Bonn, sit down!" We all started laughing. The northern part of Costa Rica got hit the hardest. And yeah, houses outside San José are just tin shacks. The only place you see houses like that in the city are here in Garabito by the river, where all the Nicaraguans live. Our baptism is this Saturday. Everything is going smooth, the odds of things falling through are real thin. I´m super excited.
Requests for a package? Hmmm...I´m gonna have to say any CD that has "Come Thou Fount" on it. I just really want that song. =P Pictures from home are always welcome in packages as well. =)
I can see Derek making that threat to his roomies, and I can see him just cleaning EVERYTHING like a madman. I know it´s gonna be a tough change for him but hey, he´s just going to school. Nothing too hard. At least everyone there speaks english. =P
I want pictures of Winter Ball! Hahaha...bumble bee...haha... I´m glad to hear Spencer has been helping Dad at the bank. Way to step up to the plate as the boyfriend. Tell him I say thanks for helping the family. =) I can believe Logan hasn´t slept in the attic much since I left, I really didn´t expect him to. Hopefully the change of rooms will help him. Is Ashley still working a rediculous amount of hours? Connie might be coming to Costa Rica? I really don´t know what she could bring with her. Oh wait! Suave, PEANUT BUTTER OREOS!!! Haha, you know me, my needs are simple. =P
Anyway not much else to report from Garabito. Changes meeting last week was CRAZY. Elder Madsen fom my MTC district is in my district here now. Our first district meeting Thursday was hilarious. We´re all gringos! And then Elder DePriest said: "When I got into this district, 5 months ago, I was the ONLY gringo!" One more month and the man goes home, that´s nuts!
Alrighty, I gotta bail. I love you and tell everyone I say hi and I´m loving it here. I´ll talk to you next week!
Your Son,
Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment