Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas

Potlatch is no longer Potlatch...that´s so weird to me. That´s gonna be strange coming home to. I can´t believe the basement flooded AGAIN! Hasn´t it been a while since that last happened to us?
Things here in Garabito are going okay. Friday and Saturday were long and uneventful, mainly due to a major soccer tournament that was being held in San José central. But, Sunday brought some great blessings. =) Elder Depriest and I just went up a talked to this man who was sitting on his porch and started teaching him. His name was Carlos and what started out as an ordinary contact ended in the best lesson of the day and a return appointment. Most of our contacts never go that well, or we were estastic as we were leaving. Our longtime investigators Adrian y Alejandra have continued on their downhill slide. They haven´t even let us in the house for about a week and a half. But, the two families we started teaching about that time have made up the difference! Alan y Sandra are keeping their reading commitments and we´re hoping to get them to church next week. Gravin and his wife Mila are an amazing find and they´re so cool! We´re trying to get them to church next week too. A last but not least is our best investigator, Jackie. She´s 14 and her parents are members but haven´t been to church since they lived in California (10 years ago). Jackie and her dad found us and asked us over. Nothing makes a missionaries day more than when that happens. =) We started teaching Jackie and her older sister Victoria last week and it´s been great. Jackie was at our ward´s Christmas dinner Saturday and was at church yesterday too. Before the end of this week we hope to set a fecha with her. It´s great!
We don´t have any plans for Christmas yet. Elder DePriest figured SOMEONE would´ve invited us over, but no one has. Oh well, I´m sure something will happen. No worries here. =) It´s great to hear that everyone really got involved this year with all the Christmas projects. That´s awesome!I will be calling Christmas Day, and no worries about money or anything. I haven´t even touched my home account yet since I haven´t really had a solid chance to rumage through the stores in San José central. We´re picking up phone cards today. I haven´t got the package yet, but I´m hoping to get it at One Month Check-Up next week. One month in Costa Rica! I can´t believe it! Alright well I better go. I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I´ll call you on the 25th! Probably around 2ish maybe...well 2 p.m. for me. I´m lost as to what the time difference is. =P
I love you all! !Pura Vida¡
-Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment