Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hola!

That´s so cool Tío Moroni y Tía Cluadia are adopting a little girl soon! =D =D =D That makes me really happy to hear. How are you and Dad doing? How are the Christmas programs going along? Christmas time is always the craziest time of the year, I hope you two aren´t getting over loaded.
Time is passing fast and the work goes on. We do a LOT of street contacts, 20 a day, but only like 4 or 5 agree to met with us. And from those we teach 2. And then we spend a week trying to find them again cause they´re never home. =P It´s all good though, I´ve met some really cool people and we have some great people to teach. Right now we´re trying to set a fecha for a couple named Adrian y Alejandra. Elder DePriest and his old comp had been teaching them since mid September and they´re the closest we have to baptism. Pray for us! The trick is just getting them to church.
The thing with Ticos is it´s really hard to help them understand every church isn´t the same. But, it´s all part of the job. =) Another family we´re teaching is a man named Lombardo, his wife, son, and daughter. There are a really cool family to teach and they´re so friendly. We´re trying to get them to church as well, which is tricky but it´ll happen. It´s raining all the time here. We´ve had 3 days in a row of no rain, it´s been nice. =) I´ve made good use of the rain jacket though. That was a good find. It´s really not that hot in the city. It´s pretty cool actually. At night is especially nice when there are clear skies. There´s a star only visible in December, they call it La Estrella del Rey David (The Star of King David). It´s literally the brightest thing in the sky I´ve ever seen, this star rivals the moon. When no other stars can be since this thing is a beacon of hope. Or at least, that´s how I see it. =)
Anyway today was a prety lax P-Day. Played some basketball with the zone, and then we ate a Wendy´s. =D I ran into elders Litchfield and Nelson while I was there too, it was awesome! We were trading stories about our areas and our comps and what not. It was so great to see them, it´s funny how close you can get to people in the MTC. Anyway after that Edler DePriest y yo went to this little tourist shop like they have in Chile. I found quite a few things I´m gonna be sending home as Christmas gifts. I definately pulled some of Dad´s bartering skills for a new money pouch. They wanted 1500 colones, which is way too much for a little money pouch. I got them to drop it to un mil. My comp was like ¨Wow, that was pretty good.¨ My reply ¨You can thank my dad for that.¨
Anyway I better jet. I love you all and I hope everything is going well. And about the letters, give them to everyone. Don´t wait for Christmas, I don´t remember what I wrote about that but yeah, I wanted everything to read their letters when you got them. =)
Love you all! !Pura Vida¡

No comments:

Post a Comment