Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Robbed!!


Wow, a lot has happened this past week with you guys. What mission in Spain is Randal going to? I have a few friends from the MTC who are there, so I´d like to know where he´s headed. =) And you should find out what mission in Argentina Cristian is going to! Is it Neoquen? That´s where Andy Call is so that´s why I´m wondering.
Alright well news this week is as follows:
I was robbed! Thursday we had divisions and I was with Elder Campbell in my area. Now, Elder DePriest has been in this area for almost 6 months and nothing has ever happened to him, and in the 2 months I´ve been here nothing has happened either. But, lo and behold, on Campbell´s first day ever in our area we got jacked. They took both our bags, our spanish sciptures, Himnos, one of the little flashlights you gave me before leaving, our coin pouches (I only had like 1 mil five hundred colones on me...so like 3 bucks) and they got Campbell´s watch too. But the weird thing is it was 4:30 in the afternoon! Broad daylight! One woman who saw what happened called us over and gave us a glass of water. We ended up consolling her she was so scared. Another guy gave us 3 mil and then gave us a ride back to our house too. It was quite the adventure. I´m borrowing a bag from another elder in the zone for the time being, and Elder Campbell is using one of his old comp´s bags (which I´m going to inherit from him when he leaves). S ad day, but hey! I have a story to tell! =)
On the flip side I got to baptize Jackie yesterday! Numero dos! It was a pretty good day all around. It was weird going through the last couple of days without a bag or anything to carry around with me. I still need new scriptures but I´m not worried about it.
So yeah. That´s what´s happened this week. ... ... =P
No worries about me I´m doing fine, even with the whole robbery. =P I hope dad is feeling better and the boredom hasn´t driven him completely crazy! I bet Derek is freezing, Lewiston doesn´t get real cold. Glad to hear Logan is feeling better and that Ashley is turning her focus back to her studies. I hope work is going okay with you and that nothing too crazy has been happening with the budget cuts.
I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week! Take care!
Your Son, Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment