Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hey family!!!




Hey! Thanks for the package, the meds helped A LOT! The chips and cheese dip were a big hit with my district too. I'm feeling much better today than I have been. My body is still making more snot than should be humanly possible, but I'm on the uphill. I didn't get a chance to see the doc about my hand last week. My thumb is still sore but it's healing. Slowly but surely. Just so you know I have been getting the Dear Elders, so no worries there. We have a seamtress here so I'm gonna see if she can widen the pants or not. I'll keep you updated on that. I should have tried those pants on again before leaving because I definatley gained some weight before leaving home. No bigge though, it'll work out. Pant wise I wear a 30/30 just as you guessed. I'm glad to hear you and Ashley were able to spend the day together, that makes me really happy. Keep me posted on homecoming for her, and make sure to send me pictures. Hard copy photos, none of this email attachment stuff. That doesn't work here and I don't like that anyway. Tell dad he'll have to send me those photos of the Gator by mail, I don't have time to look at them online. I only get a half hour to write and I'm already at 18 minutes. =P


I'm glad to hear Dad's able to keep busy and that he's made so much headway with the guest house. That's great! I hope you and dad are doing with and are able to keep up with everything. The elders in my district heading to Spain left this morning. It was pretty sad, since our district has gotten pretty close really fast. Elder Strickland was one of those elders to leave. He and I got to be pretty great friends these past few weeks. Sad thing is his grandfather in Spain passed away Sunday night, so he and I were talking about our families and the examples we've had in our lives. This past week we've been teaching the Plan of Salvation, so we got to talking about that too. We have so much in common it's pretty much ridiculous. I made sure to give him our home address and stuff for after the mish. I'm pretty sure I found another brother. =P There are two things I wanted to mention about this week in particular. One is every week our teachers have a progression interview with us. My teachers are Hermano Crane and Hermana Gallacher bytheway, both served in Argentina. They're both incredible teachers and I'm really blessed to have them. During my interview with Hermano Crane Thursday he told me some things that really hit home. He reminds me a lot of Chris Lee with the Spirit he has as he teaches and how he can just level with us at times. He sees in me the same things Chris always said he saw in me, and that really hit home. It was a big pick me up even though I didn't really need one. =) The other thing I wanted to mention, which I might not get to finish since I have 2 minutes left, is about the lessons. Teaching is so much fun!!! I can't even begin to describe how much I love teaching the lessons. Before I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it but it comes so naturally (when I've prepared and prayed and ton before). =P I'll have to share more about that later. I'll try to write on Thursday during my P-Day make-up time (I'll explain that later too).
I love you all and I hope you're all okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment