Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ready to Leave


Alrighty then I'll call you around 9 or 10ish. I'm not 100% when I'm going to be at the airport, we're suppose to meet at the travel office at 8 p.m., but I don't have a clue when we go where. So I'll aim to call you around 9, that'd be 10 p.m. here. ...I think...I hate time differences. =P
I haven't been able to get a hold of a box to send anything home in!!! Elder Litchfield received a package yesterday so I'm gonna see if it's what I need. If not I'll just chilean an empty box from the book store. =D
I can't believe how fast time has flown by. S o much I've wanted to say I haven't really been able to because of this blasted time restraint on email. I'm hoping the letters I'm sending home will kinda suffice to show what I've been feeling, thinking, and learning these past 2 months. More or less my conclusions to any firesides or devotionals that really stood out to me. Which reminds me, guess who we heard from on Tuesday? ELDER HOLLAND!!! Elder Nelson and I were singing with the choir (I don't think I've mentioned I've been singing in the choir yet, just another little thing I've forgotten to mention) when Elder Holland entered the gym and we both looked at each other with these huge grins on our faces and were like "YES!!!!!!" Ever since week one my whole district has kinda been like "How cool would it be to hear from Elder Holland?" and it actually happened! My district has been so lucky with talks here. We've heard from 3 apostles for crying out loud! How many missionaires get to hear from Elders Scott, Perry, and Holland within a few short weeks of each other?
4 days left...it still hasn't sunk in that we're leaving AGAIN. I haven't even started packing yet! Yikes! We're all starting to get anxious as Monday pulls closer. I'm staying focused these last few days, no worries there, but I still have a lot to do before Monday.
Alright well I'm out of time...again. I love you all and I hope everything is going well and everyone is okay. I don't know when you sent that package out buuuut....yeah, I don't know if I'm gonna get it before I leave here. Whever you say I should get something on Saturday I don't get it until Monday, because our mailroom is closed here on Saturdays. So unless you overnight that puppy I don't know what happens.
I figured out what you can get me for Christmas though! Family photo for sure but also if you could find a CD with the hymn Come Thou Font I would love you till the end of time (not that I won't already). Since that song isn't in the new hymn book it's pretty much impossible to find here, so maybe you'll have better luck. I'd prefer instrumental but with how hard it is to find I'm game for anything. =D

I'll probably be sending Christmas presents home rather soon so I'll need you, Mom and Dad, to hide them until Christmas.
Okay now I'm really out of time. I love you all and I hope you all know that. I'm looking forward to hearing from you Monday night. ¡Les amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment