Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, March 2, 2009

The start of a new month...

Whew, sounds like a lot is going on back home. I´m glad to hear Derek is doing better with school and stuff and that it looks like he´s gonna stick with it. That´s awesome. =) So Ashley is taking college courses huh? That´s awesome, and that´s great she´s already thinking of what she wants to do. It´s usually best to figure that out your junior year so that senior year all you need to focus on is senior activities aaaaaand what college to go to. ...Freak Ashley´s gonna be graduated when I get home...that´s just weird. The social part of junior high is tough stuff, no doubt about it. But I know Logan can pull through. He just needs to find something to keep himself active in school and then things will just fly by. I´m glad you´re able to find things to keep you occupied, Mom. I can just see you playing with a bunch of junk making stuff. It makes me laugh. =P That stinks that Dad can´t do Christmas in Action, I know he usually enjoys that. I hope he stays careful and doesn´t overwork that arm of his. I know Dad isn´t the kind of guy to take it easy for so long but he´s gonna have to for the time being. Which stinks, but stuff happens.
Alright, so here´s the news for the week. One, I´M A TICO NOW! Friday I got my residency, so I´m an official Tico until March of 2011!!! My new companion Elder Tagliaferri is quite the character. He´s still really young in the mission (he only has 6 months in the country), and I´ve noticed he gets kinda frustrated when talking to Ticos who are set in their ways, but he´s a good guy. Sometimes it feels like I´m babysitting an 8 year old though, not gonna lie. Don´t think I hate my comp, he´s awesome, but there are times he´ll say things where all I can do is put my head in my hands and laugh. We have set a goal for this change though. With DePriest, we never, not even once, worked with the members in our ward. Partially because our ward is dump, and secondly because DePriest didn´t want to deal with them. Well Tagliaferri and I are trying to find ways to animate the ward along with other ways to find people to teach, such as english classes. We´re gonna try to start some english classes within the next week or 2 and hopefully this will help us find new people to teach, along with getting members involved. Our leadership in the ward really needs a change though, our bishop is totally unreliable. The man showed up at church yesterday an hour late for crying out loud! Freak!
That´s absolutely nuts about the peanut butter scare in the states. Luckily for me, the rich Tico man we live with, Johnny Wong, buys us peanut butter. =D =D =D =D It´s scary to hear news about the economy (or lack thereof) back in the states. Hopefully things will pick up buuuuut yeah...things look pretty gloomy.
In other news I got another letter from Tylan last week! YEAH! Letters are like gold in the field, but you and dad already know that. =P
Oh yeah, can you see if you can get me cousin Michael´s mailing address so I can write him? And cousin Audrey too (Mandy´s daughter). That would be way cool if I could get to writing them. =D
Anyway I better jet. Take care and no worries about me, I´m doing great. Talk to ya next week!
Oh yeah, and about the shoes. My Doc Martin´s are still alive and kicking. The only thing I had to worry about are the insoles, the shoe itself is a monster....I still haven´t recieved the package yet buuuut tomorrow I have interviews with Pres. Arbizú so hopefully I´ll get it tomorrow. We´ll just have to wait and see!
-Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment