Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Greetings from the MTC


The moment I signed on my District Leader Elder Silva plopped 2 letters in my lap. Thanks for sending my patriarchal blessing! Spanish is going pretty well right now. I might have said this before, but I remember a whole lot more than I thought I did. One of the elders going to Spain, Elder Strickland, and I have become pretty good friends. I might've told you this already, but he was in the same boat as me coming into the MTC. Both his parents are fluent in spanish, his dad having served in Spain and his mom being from Spain, but he only understood what he heard. Just like me it took him a while to figure out what he wanted to say in spanish. He's pretty cool though.
My companion said his grandpa works Thursdays at the Idaho Falls Temple. At least I think it was Thursdays. Maybe grandpa will meet up with Elder Trost's grandpa. =P
Just as a heads up I got sick Friday. I'm still dealing with a pretty bad runny nose and a slight cough, but I'm feeling ten times better than I did this weekend. Amazingly, I felt perfectly okay watching conference. I was pretty grateful for that. Beyond that I hurt my hand pretty badly playing volleyball on Monday. Not sure what I did but my thumb and half my right hand is swollen. I'm checking in with the doc today just to make sure I didn't do anything too bad.
Besides that I don't have much more to say. My district and I just got back from doing a session in the Provo Temple (which is amazing by the way). Oh! Could you send me the Carton's home address so I can write them? And if you could get Russ Moody's mailing address too that'd be great. How is everyone doing at home?
I hope everything is going well. Just as a heads up you should send letters via Dear Elder (unless you're sending photos). It's just faster and doesn't cost anything that I know of. If you could pass that message on to everyone else to Dear Elder me, that'd be great too. Getting letters is great, but waiting for mail is a drag. =P
I love you all. Take care and write me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment