Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

News from the Jungle

I thought it might have been my email because I was at 99% full last week... =P Anyway you'll need to send me fotos of the new carpet and stuff. We've had blue down there for so long I can't even picture it anyother way. How has this last week gone? What's new in the family? Things are going well here. We have 2 more baptisms lined up, one for this week and the other for next week. That girl we've been teaching for the last month and a half, Jackie, is getting baptized!!! And also the son of a inactive family, his name is Jason, is getting baptized. This kid is so cool! But yeah, life here has stayed pretty consistant. Elder DePriest is now District Leader, that's a change. A new elder came into the mission early, so our zone got changed around a bit. So for his last month here, Elder DePriest gets to play the boss. =P We've been having fun this last week and surprisingly getting a lot of lessons in a day, despite our actual appointments ditching out on us. =P I'm loving every minute of it though. =D
Okay so I learned this week Ticos cannot give directions. They just can't. Here's an example of the kinds of directions we get:
"Follow this dirt until you come to a big rock. There'll be a 3-legged dog lying next to it, and then a 4-legged dog will pop out of the bushes and they'll start fighting. When the 4-legged dog wins just follow him to the house. But, if the 3-legged dog wins you haven't gone far enough, and further down the road there'll be another rock and another 3-legged dog and when THAT 4-legged dog wins THAT fight, just follow him."
...yeah...try finding a house with that...=P It's all good though, I get a good laugh when we get something like that. If we weren't on the Lord's time I'd try to see if I could actually find the place, but we are and there's no way we'd find a house like that. =P Still pretty funny though.
Oh, yeah, almost forgot, how much money do I have in my account? None of the machines let me check here and 2 weeks ago I took out something like $60. I was going to take out some more today but I'm not sure how much is even in there soooo yeah. Anyway I still haven't found anything to send my Christmas gifts in. When we go into center today I'm going to look one more time before I just make a box myself. =D
So what's the scam at home? I hope things are alright and that everyone is doing well. I love you and I'll talk to ya next week!
Your Son,
Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment