Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almost end of week 1

Whew, talk about a crazy, crazy week. Not too many suprises here in Costa Rica, I´ve been adjusting pretty well. My mission president, President Arbizú, and his wife are awesome!!! They are so cool! My trainer is Elder DePriest from Boston. He´s way cool, we get along great. He´s been teaching me the ropes pretty well, I still get lost in neighborhoods here and there but he keeps me on track. My first area is in San José in Garrabito, Toyopan (area, zone). Pretty much I´m in the ghetto of San José. I haven´t seen anything crazy but it´s definately easy to tell this is the lesser side of town. We do TONS of street contacts, 20 a day is the goal, but we only get about maybe, MAYBE, 5 lessons a day. No one is ever home, or the Ticos give us lame excuses. It´s no big though, I´m having fun. There are a lot of Nicaraguans here in Garrabito. It´s weird cause I can follow their spanish better than I can the Ticos at times. Speaking of which, I´m doing okay with the spanish. Not the greatest, not even close, but I´m not dying for translation. I just need time, I´m trying not to get to overwhelmed by it. The food here isn´t that different from Chile. It´s different, but it´s nothing foreign to me by any means. Also, that Captain Animo video we found on YouTube before I left, was from last year. I saw number 3 at the Changes meeting Thursday. Oy, that was great. Our goal for the YEAR is 1000 baptizims. 1000!!! We´re sitting at about 730 some right now, I think. So we got a lot of work this last month!Anyway I don´t have much else to say right now, I´ve only been here so long. I´m not timed anymore so you can send Tylan´s emails to me. =)
Tell everyone I love them and I hope they´re doing well. By the way, did you get the package I had sitting at the MTC?
I love you all! ¡Pura Vida! (Tico saying)
P.S.- You need to send packages through regular mail. No UPS, FedEx or the like. If you go through anything other than regular post it goes through customs and we never see it. So Post Only! =) Snap, I forgot what the mission address is. I´ll email that to you next week, so you´ll have to hold out one more week before sending anything. I don´t want it to get lost or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment