Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Start of Another Change

Changes meeting was today and we decided to come just to see what happens. Elders Litchfield and Nelson both left the zone: Elder Litchfield now has the temple in his area and Elder Nelson is a new Zone Leader out in Guanacaste. It won´t be the same without them in the zone, but we did get some decent replacements for them. I´m gonna be with Elder Rodriguez for at least another change. I kind of have the feeling we could be together for two more changes...I´m not 100% I could handle that, but we´ll see what happens.

Not a whole lot happened over the week. Just contacting references and trying to keep my companion from forming the habit of spending too much time in people´s houses. If a cita falls through he usually just wants to go to a member´s house to play UNO, and gets a little upset when I say no and have us knocking doors. Keeping animated has been a little rough this last week. However, things are starting to pick up as far as working with the members goes, so there is light at the end of the tunnel afterall. =P

I´ve managed to download a few of the conference talks to my MP3, but with such slow internet connection it´s been kind of a pain. Apparently within the next week you can download the entire conference video, so we´re going to try to brun off a couple DVDs for the recent convert families who didn´t get to see it. I´m trying to switch things up for the next few weeks so that I don´t get bored with the area, seeing how I´m going on 6 months out here. I made a Book of Mormon reading chart for the recent converts and for our investigators, so instead of asking if anyone read we just ask for the chart. At least this way we can monitor better of who´s reading and who isn´t, and focus our lessons from there. I´m really just looking for some priesthood power right now. The branch is growing a little stronger as time goes by, and ultimately the goal is to convert the branch to a ward and form a stake (Estaca Guapiles) outside the San José Valley. If Siquirres is gonna be a ward, we need some healthy priesthood to get the job done. Ulises, who Elder Logan and I baptized back in January, is now our ward mission leader. We´ve been teaching him what his calling his and planning out when he´ll leave/meet with us every week and all that good jazz. It´s a calling that brings with it a lot of responsibility, but it´s also a perfect opportunity to help Ulises continue to grow and learn. Hopefully I can help him get the gist of it all. Elder Rodriguez doesn´t really pay any attention at all as I´m explaining things to Ulises. Like I said, the kid just wants to play UNO.

Alright I gotta jet but I hope you guys have a great week and stay safe. Take care and I´ll write again (as usual) MONDAY! Love you, ciao.

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment