Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Gift of Patience

Give Logan a hi-five for me on giving such an awesome talk. That´s what I like to hear. I´m glad to hear the challenege I made is going through too. That´s a pain that the dryer and washer shut-down like that, I hope you´re able to figure that out soon. =(

This wekk I realized that although I had thought I had learned the principle of patience rather well, the Lord still sees it fit to teach me more. =P I´m refering more to my new companion, Elder Rodriguez. Over the past 48 hours not one, not two, but seven members have told him straight out he doesn´t behave like a missionary. I´m in no place to disagree. He´s a super animated and friendly guy, however his hyperactivity has him crossing the line of what a missionary should act like. I won´t even go into what happened during Sunday School yesterday, but let it be said we´re in danger of nobody taking us seriously.
I´m kind of humbled that the Hermana Gálvez told you I was an obedient missionary. I´m not perfect, but I´m trying my best. My companion questions any and all rules we have, especially the internet rules. I kind of feel like I´m training him over again, even though he has almost 8 months in the mission.

Elder Rodriguez does come into the area with some useful knowledge of course. He worked construction for some 5 years, and this coming week we have 3 days where we´re going to be helping some families with some construction stuff. Nothing too big, but doing more service like this will quickly show the fruits of our labors.

Not much else has happened this last week. I hope everything is going okay back home, and that nothing else decides to give up the ghost like the washer and dryer did. =P Take care and I´ll write back next week! Ciao!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment