Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Last General Conference

That´s a real bummer you guys didn´t get to watch Conference. Try to watch what you can ASAP. You´re right about family being the topic, but there´s a LOT more to it than that. All the talks from Saturday we´re directed to parents, telling them to step up and teach their kids and youth better than ever before. EVERY talk on Saturday hit this topic. Sunday was more general in the topics. Although they did mention it, there was much more talk on the Savior and the Atonement, it being Easter Sunday and everything. I will say Elder Anderson´s final talk of the Conference hit it home. Elder Holland´s talk was especially necessary, along with President Monson´s closing talk in the Priesthood Session. Elder Holt, my district leader, said it best: Back to Basics.

Saturday morning we left for Limón to watch Conference. It was so cool to watch Conference with 3 of my best friends in the mission: Elder Litchfield, Elder Nelson, and Elder Butler (he goes home in May). Saturday night during the Priesthood Session we had an issue with one of the junior companions, and later that night calls were made to President Gálvez. All in all, it was a nightmare, but I tried not to dwell on the headache of it all and focus on the Conference talks. Right after the final session Sunday we jetted back for Siquirres just in time for some quick appointments before day´s end.

Today I took my companion and the Guacimo elders out to the waterfall here. The Limón elders were gonna come too, but they ended up having to deal with other stuff related to what happened Saturday night. We got out there on a perfect day. Elder Holt was in shock at how beautiful it was, since a lot of the nature has been destroyed by the people. I got pretty burned from the walk to and from, but it was a pretty good P-Day. It´s funny talking to Elder Holt because we only talk about all the old missionaries who use to be in the missions and our old companions. I can´t do that with my comp, and Elder Holt can´t do that with his because they´re both so young in the mission. I don´t consider myself an old missionary by any means (maybe when I have 20 months), but talking with Elder Holt is just like "Wow...everyone I know is GONE...that´s too weird." =P What was really funny was when I was talking with Elder Nelson in Limón before Conference. We realized all four of the junior companions put together didn´t have our time in the mission. That got us a little giddy for a minute or two. =P It just made me remember my first companion, Elder DePriest, and how he would say stuff like that at every district meeting. =P

Alright well I need to write Pres. Gálvez. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Tell everyone I say hey and that I´m still alive and loving life. Take care and I´ll write you all next week. Ciao!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment