Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, May 3, 2010

Christmas in April

The title is fitting seeing how Dad is just finishing HIS Christmas in April project, and mine seems to be beginning this week. =P

The last week as been really insane. A lot of work and a lot of service projects, as seems to be the theme of my companionship right now. 4 menos activa families called us up and put last minute citas with us, so then came the rush of rescheduling other citas and all that nonsense. Two of these families are those of which were baptized last fall, but when their missionaries left they dropped the church and would not receive visits from anyone. They flat out rejected Elder Logan and myself the last time we tried passing by in February. The other 2 families I had been visiting with Elder Logan, but they weren´t progressing. So we had made the call to give them some time and try again later. Three of the four went to church yesterday, the fourth...depending on how this week goes we might end up turning them over to the only members who do their home teaching. We have to try and maintain the 5 menos activos we visit, we can´t work with so many at once because we lose time in finding investigators and actually teaching and baptizing and all that good stuff.

In other words, it´s been pretty hectic around here.

My companion continues to be more than a little hyperactive, but with these two recent convert families who have started coming to church again he´s exactly what they need to feel comfortable...I hope. I´m really just scared people are gonna look at us like a joke, but I think Elder Rodriguez is finally starting to cool down a little...

This week we´re packed with service projects practically every morning. Between repairing chairs, laying yet more cement floors, and doing house repairs, I can honestly say I´m not even going remember going to bed at night I´ll be so exhausted. But if it all gets us results and helps the area, more power to it. I´ve also had some fun this last week playing around with the language as I´ve talked to people. I have a long ways to go in my opinion, but it´s really funny to tell people I´m panameño or guatemateco and nobody questions it. I´m starting to understand why my first companion, Elder DePriest, loved playing around with people like that. After going from speaking NOTHING to everything being natural you can´t help but have fun with it. =D

We´re also in the planning of a branch activity, something along the lines of what we did in Cañas last year. La Festial de la Jama (comida). I´ll give you more of an update on that next week, but we´re planning to have the activity the 1st of May.

Alright well there´s not much else happening around here besides the usual insanity of the work. =P This Thursday we have interviews with President Gálvez, which will be nice. I take advantage of every chance I get to talk with President, he always has something to say to change my outlook on the mission and help me do better. Hopefully the action-packed week we have planned out doesn´t kill me in the meantime, that would just be a sad Christmas. =P

I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Take care, work hard but don´t over do it. I have to, it´s in the calling, but you guys should take at least 5 minutes a day to kick back and relax. If not for yourselves, than do it for me! =P ¡Ciao a todos!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment