Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, May 3, 2010

Scorch Week

This last week went by rather smoothly, although I felt like I was living in an oven it was so unbearably hot. Days like that make me a little trunky, because all I can think about is "When I get home, I´m gonna freeze to death. And I´ll love it."

We spent 2 morning working on a cement floor for one family, and another repairing yet another rocking chair that our service has mainly consisted to. Not bad all in all. Assistence in church wasn´t what I had hoped for, looking at what we accomplished during the week, but that´s not an uncommon disappointment for me. I just want to leave this brach we a norm of 70 people in church. If I can do that, then my time here was well spent in my eyes. I´m definately thinking more in the zone of "If they won´t help to build up Zion, then find someone who will!"

Thursday President Gálvez, the Hermana Gálvez, and the zone leaders stopped by to do a house check and also for our interviews with President. A lot of missionaries we´re kind of weirded out and scared by these turn of events, but since our house is always pretty well clean and I try to keep our Area Book up to date, we we´re pretty calm about it. Interviews went great, it´s always a blessing to have a one-on-one with President Gálvez. The zone leaders we have right now are pretty cool too, and as always the Hermana Gálvez always has something funny to say about the missionary-lifestyle.

I´m trying to convince my companion to start running in the mornings, but he won´t hear any of it. 19 months, and I have yet to have a companion who´s up for a good morning run. It´s a sad story. =P

This Saturday we´ve planned a branch activity, Festival de la Jama (Festival of Food). I´m hoping for a decent turnout and I´m also planning on making a few banana cream pies. We´ll see how those turn out, I haven´t made on since my first Christmas in Tibás with Elder DePriest. =P I´ll be sure to send fotos, I´ve gotten a little lazy with that as of late. Mainly because I don´t trust the virus-filled tico computers that flood this country. On that note, yes I still have my camera, and yes I still have my debit card. As I said, I´ve gotten a little lazy with fotos. And as far as withdrawing money, I´ve never been able to check my balance, so I don´t know how much is in my account. Plus I´m never hurting for money. Here we are on the last week of the month, and I still have $60. I only pull out personal money for emergencies and other such things. I might need to pull out a little money to buy all the stuff for the pies, but we´ll see about that.

Okay I´ve said enough, nor do I have anything else to tell you guys. =P I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Talk to ya next week!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment