Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, March 9, 2009

Setting New Goals

Alright, first off, glad to hear Dad is taking it easy and not over doing it. I´ve been worried he´ll hurt himself worse so good to hear he´s doing okay and that the neighbors are as awesome as they are. That makes me happy. =)
Tell Ashley good luck from me and I´ll be praying for her. That´d be so awesome if she gets elected ASB Vice-Pres, she´d have fun with that. I don´t know if I told you this already but my zone leader Elder Howell saw one of the pictures of Ashley and Spencer and said "You´re sister looks like she´d punch anyone in the face." I laughed, because she really would. =P
How´s Logan doing with school and all that? Is he doing alright without any of his big brothers around???
We had a correlation meeting yesterday aaaaand yeah. When we talked to the bishop about calling a ward mission leader it went like this.
Us: Hey bishop, we really want a mission leader.
Bishop: Yeah, so do I. *laughs*...
That was it. I don´t know, it´s hard to organize anything with the ward without any help from it. Elder Tagliaferri and I have made it our goal for this change to open the closed area, Tibas, because the members there deserve missionaries like none other while our ward just doesn´t seem to care. Tibas brings investigators to church, gives us references, and we set a baptismal date yesterday with a guy we´ve only met with 3 times! The difference between wards is a stark black and white. We´re trying new things to get our assigned ward animated, but we´ll see with time if anything starts to happen like it should be.
Oh freak, I totally forgot Randall Hansen would only be in the MTC for 3 weeks!!! Lucky guy, being there for 2 months drives a man nuts. Visa for Spain takes a while though. My buddies there got their calls 6 months before they had to report to the MTC so there wouldn´t be too much of a wait for the Visa.
I miss the Zits comic! If you could, you know, mail little strips to me, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! =D =D =D That would be totally and utterly amazing. Just a little piece from home. =) I´ve come to notice nothing really makes me trunky. "Trunky" is the term we use for someone who misses home so much they don´t want to work very much, or they just talk about how much they miss home ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I think because it took me so freaking long to get out here I´m immune to trunkiness for the time being, cause I can talk about stuff from home and it doesn´t phase me, but my new comp just gets depressed. Girls really make him trunky...yeah...it´s not good...oh well.
Anyway what else? Oh yeah, you asked me why I said "dump"? That´s something I picked up from DePriest. There is always some saying you pick up from your comps or other missionaries you around. "Dump" is just one of those things I´ve picked up. It´s not Costa Rican slang, that´s for sure. Costa Rican slang is like "¡TOME CHI CHI!" That´s pretty much like saying "Take it!" Most missionaires say that. Or there´s the national slogan "Pura Vida". It´s the same as saying "pece" but you see it EVERYWHERE. T-shirts, posters, mugs, EVERYTHING. Everyone and their dog says it. Not even joking. =P
AND WHAT THE FREAK! IT´S SNOWING AGAIN!!!!!! That´s just not right. It always snows when I´m not there, I swear. =P
Oh yeah about the picture with my mission pres...I never got one. Like they took the picture and all buuuut I never got a copy of it. I guess I should ask about that, huh?
Alright well I better jet but I love you and I hope everything is going well and everyone is okay. Thanks for sending me Mychael´s and Audre´s addresses! I´ll be sure to write them today. =) Take care and I´ll talk to you next week!
¡Pura Vida!
Elder Núñez

No comments:

Post a Comment