Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, March 30, 2009

¡CAMBIOS!


Alright for first off, I´ve got Changes! We got the call last night and I´m leaving Thursday. I have mixed feelings about leaving right now. I´m excited for a change and everyone, I thrive off changes, we know this, but we just started to get things rolling with the ward and everything here in Garabito but hey, it happens. I´m a little nervous about where I might be headed though. We don´t find out until Thursday at Changes meeting so I´ll be writing next week about where I am and all that.
Here´s the scoop on how Changes meeting works here. First off, everyone who has changes meets in the stake center closest to the mission office. Most of the time anyone who is in the San José Valley is invited to the Changes meeting too. Anyways, everyone meets up there, President talks about the last month and what the numbers were (our goal for the year is 1000 baptisms) and then the lights go out, and Changes begins. President sets up a projector and he goes zone by zone, district by district, area by area. It´s like being on a game show, I´m not even joking. An area comes up and President will say something like "And in area Garabito we have Elder Núñez, and he´ll be receiving his new companion...ELDER BLAH BLAH!" And everyone goes nuts and yells and cheers and it´s just a bunch of crazy. Everyone looks forward to Changes meetings, they´re just a lot of fun.
Keep me updated on John, that´s amazing that he finished the Book of Mormon already. I wish we had Ticos that diligent. =P I´m glad Dad is able to keep himself busy again, I know just sitting around not doing anything just drives him nuts. I hope you have fun with Aunt Marsha! Well I know you will anyway but, you know, enjoy the time with your sister being all...well, being all sisterly and girly and all. =P
I can´t believe that little hen is laying eggs for Grandpa now, how random is that? And now there´s a rooster! Granpda is gonna have a farm again if this keeps up!
I do get Dad´s fotos aaaaaaaand the one of you made me miss you...and pies. A lot. When I get home I´m eating nothing put your pies for a whole week, maybe even too. Vamos a ver pero...sí...I miss your pies. Tico deserts just don´t do it for me para nada. Except for Tres Leches...Mmmmmmm...that´s a treat. Maybe you could find a recipe for that too. It´s amazing. =P
Anyways not much else going on besides...well besides what I´ve already said. Tell Tiara and Ken I say hi! They´re so awesome, I´m glad they´re in your ward. Tell the family I love them and I hope everything is going well. I´m alive and well, so no need to worry about me. I´ll write again next week with the results of Cambios. =D I´m so freaking nervous but I can´t wait!
I love you! Take care and I´ll talk to you next week!
-Elder Nunie
P.S.- I get to call home this next change! Just a heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment