Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, March 16, 2009

¡Pura Vida!


¡Pura Vida!

So Thomas is going to Korea? Wow, I hope he's ready for 12 weeks in the MTC. 9 weeks just about drove me insane. =P But, go ahead and pass a message onto him about the food. MTC food is great for like the first 3 weeks, but after that you realize they just rotate meals on you like high school. Best thing to do in the MTC is to eat an amazing temple meal before or after your session. My district had temple breakfast every Tuesday morning, and it was by all means the best part of the week. =P

I MISS YOUR PIES!!!!! Yeah, DePriest and I did end up making a banana cream pie for New Years. Buuuut, it wasn't the same. I figure when I get home I'll just eat your pies for 2 months straight. Mmmmmm....pie....

Anyways, in other news, did I mention we have a baptism this Saturday? =D His name is José Chavez and he's golden. It's a great feeling to find someone who's been ready and prepared to recieve the message of the Restoration. We still have a montón of things to teach him before Saturday, but all in all it's been a good week.
Thursday and Friday we went on divisions with the zone leaders. I went to Coronado with Elder Zavala of Honduras. It was kinda funny, I wasn't worried about my spanish at all and I was right not too. I had a great 2 days with Elder Zavala, he's so awesome. I felt especially happy that my spanish is where it's at for only having not even 4 months in the country. But, we never had trouble understanding each other and we ended up telling stories from home and the mission. I know I still have some work, but for where I'm at with the language I'm pleasently surprised. =D
¿Qué más? Ummm, oh did I ever tell you Ticos are white? It threw some of the other guys in my MTC district for a loop when we first got here, but that's why I've had people ask me if I'm Tico. I figure once I get a hold of the language more and FINALLY develop an accent I could tell people I'm actually from Costa Rica. =P
Oh snap, have I told you about gallo pinto??? Snap, Mom you should make this for a family breakfast some time, it's great! Whenever missionaries have a chance to eat pinto we jump on it! It's this rice and bean combination that's just really good, along with a side of scrambled egg and what not. Everyone makes it differently here with their own twists and stuff, but I haven't had a bad batch yet. At the end of the mission, missionaries put together a final report and part of the final report is a list of attributes we want our future wives to posses. Every final report I've seen says they want their wives to learn how to make pinto. It's awesome! =D
Anyway, in other news there was another earthquake a few days ago. Nothing major, it was a lot farther away this time and there wasn't much damage even though it was a lot more powerful than the last. My comp Elder Tagliaferri was freaked though, he hates quakes. I guess I weirded him out with how calm I was when it happened. I just kinda looked up and said "Hmph, that's cool." =P
Alright well I don't have much else to say about my week, just work as usual. I did get a letter from Kiah Richardson yesterday at stake conference. That was great surprise. =)
I do have one request though if it's possible. There's a CD called Solace by my friend Emily Peck I kinda want to have.
Alright well I better jet! I love you and I hope everything is going well! I'll talk to you next week!
-Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment