Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Round 2 in Escazu


Tell dad thanks for sending the fotos! It had been a little while since I had seen any new fotos of the house and all that. =)

Okay well I happened to leave out a few things from last week´s email. I was a bit out of it. Anyway last Monday we had a zone activity, a sports day of Zona La Sabana versus Zona La Paz. I´m quite happy of the fact 6 months in Cañas really improved my soccer skills. =P We lost the basketball game, won the soccer game, but then lost the football game. But it was fun all around.

We´ve had a bit of a hard week with our investigator Kenia and her menos activo husband, Sergio. Tuesday we had a family home evening with a gringo family in the ward, the Baker Family. It went really, REALLY well, and I felt really good about it. We put a wedding and baptismal date for the 7th of November, but knew it was going to be some work to make it happen. When we saw them again on Thursday Sergio...I can honestly say I don´t get the man. He wants the best for his family, but he wants it to happen without having to do anything himself. The lesson ended with Kenia running out of the room crying because Sergio just doesn´t want to change or make any commitment of any kind at this point. Elder Muñoz visited them again Friday on divisions with our district leader, Elder Curtis, but no progress was made. We saw them again Saturday and things had cooled down but Sergio still wouldn´t talk about the marriage. It´s been a lot of ups and downs with them this week.

Tuesday we visited Janiel, our baptism from the start of the change. His brother Jarvin was talking with us and asked what he´d have to do to be baptized too. We were just like "Wait, did you really just ask that???" Los escogidos are gonna come along if we´re doing what we need to, that´s all I got to say. =) We put a fecha with Jarvin for the 7th of November as well, and he´s moving along better than we could ask for.

Today was changes meeting. I´ll be with Elder Muñoz for at least one more change, and then he´ll bail with 6 months in the area come Dec. 7th. I saw Elder Litchfield while I was there, and he says hi to all of you. I love that guy. It was great to talk with him again about what life´s been like OUTSIDE of Cañas por fin. =P A lot of the elders that are going home tomorrow were pretty good friends of mine, it´s weird to see them leaving now. Elder Jones (my 1st district leader), Elder Cook (one of my ZLs from Zona Norte), and Elder Shoemake (was my ZL here) are the most notable. Elder Shoemake lives in the Tri-Cities area, it´s been so funny talking to that guy this change. Time is flying, come the end of the year and I won´t know hardly anyone in the mission. =P

Not much else happening on my side of the globe, just work as usual. It´s been getting colder here in Escazú, which is weird because "winter" is suppose to be ending about now. But apparently it starts getting cold when "winter" (o sea the raining season) ends. So weird. =P

Alright well I better jet. I hope all is well back home and everyone is doing fine. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

P.S.- I passed by Chuck Norris´ house the other day. It´s freaking HUGE! Just a massive mansion. I´m contemplating knocking the door next time we pass, I mean everyone deserves a chance to hear the gospel, right? =D But I´m kind of afraid of getting a roundhouse kick to the face. =P

P.P.S.- Oh yeah, I got to thinking about this the other day. I was wondering if you could send me some Idaho quarters. I figured that´d be a cool little recuerdo to send to converts and comps for Christmas. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment