Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just Another Week in Paradise



Well here´s the scoop from this last week. Talking with Hno. Crane and his wife was awesome. We met up with them in the park and just talked about our experiences in the mission so far and what they´ve been up to since we left back in November. They came down just to visit us, my group from the MTC. Apparently we were Hno. Crane´s favorites, or so his wife told us. She said every group after us got an earful about us every day. =P It was really cool to talk with them though. =)

Changes this last week came and went. My new zone leader is........ELDER ZAVALA! AGAIN! I was so stoaked when I heard that, he´s such a cool guy. I can´t wait to go on divisions with him. =D We´re patiently awaiting the arrival of Pres. Galvez this Wednesday. I really don´t know what to expect with the change, I guess we´ll just wait and see what happens.

My comp is getting a little lazy……I think the knowledge he´s gonna be in this area for 6 months total is getting to him. Our numbers last week were horrible, but my district leader Elder Gonzalez told me if I´m doing my part he´s got my back. I´m junior comp, but I´ve pretty much been senior comp these last 6 weeks. But there´s only so much I can do to animate Elder Maradiaga. All I can do is my part and keep on keepin on. We´ll see how things play out.
In truth I just want to find new people to teach, but contacting in the street only goes so far. And I can´t get Elder Maradiaga to knock doors to save my life right now. I don´t know if I told you guys, but back in my first area I put goals I wanted to accomplish throughout the mission. The mission goal is 1000 baptisms for the year, and since May we´ve been in 2x2x2 (2 baptisms for May, 2 for June, and 2 for July) in preparation for Pres. Galvez. But along with those I set my own goals, one of which was to baptize a future missionary which I accomplished in the baptism of Andres. =D
Now? I want to baptize a family. But that´s only going to happen if we do our part in finding people, and right now as a team that´s not really happening… =( Right now the branch is really desanimado with so few baptisms over the years. Things picked up a bit when we dunked Andres, so imagine what a whole family would do in reenergizing things here! I´m gonna need all the prayers I can get to find, teach, and baptize a family in the next 6 weeks. 6 weeks isn´t a lot of time, but it´s far from impossible. All we need is a little faith and things will fall into place. But with that faith we need to do our part, and that´s where I´m struggling right now with my comp getting desanimado and without a desire to work. =( Yeah…I´m gonna need some prayers in the coming weeks. =D

I´m putting together a package to send you guys, but I´m faulting a few things I want to send and Cañas is far from a good place to find trinkets and stuff. Not sure when I´ll get it in the mail…but it´ll get in the mail…eventually. =P
As far as packages from you guys goes…well I haven´t gotten anything in 6 weeks because I´m 4 freaking hours from San José, and almost 3 from the ZLs. The package you sent has probably been sitting in the office for a good month now, but I most likely won´t see it until Zone Conference in a few weeks. At least I hope I´ll get it then. The APs brought the wrong mail last time (for a different zone). 6 weeks without mail has been very, very sad. =P

Anyways I better jet but I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week! Ciao!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment