Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, June 15, 2009

Baptism Anyone?




I hope you can get that cast off soon for Hawaii Mom!!!
You read a 500 page book in one day??? That´s something I´d do and have done. But I didn´t do it out of boredom, I´m just a nerd like that. Oh yeah, I said something so nerdy today I had Elder Litchfield on the ground he was laughing so hard. I´m so glad to have that kid in my district, we have a good time.
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!!! Can´t believe he turns 19 Saturday. That´s insane.

The mission activity last week was awesome. It was great to see my MTC district, along with all my friends here in the mission. I talked to Elder Tagliaferri and it looks like things are pretty much the same as when I left. He´s baptized 6 in Barrio Tibas (the closed area) and only 1 in Barrio Garabito. It was good to hear how everyone is doing in my old area nonetheless. It´s a ways off, but if you guys decide to come and get me at mission´s end, we need to visit some of those families. =)
As far as the new mission president goes, I haven´t heard much. All I really know is Presidente Galvez ended his mission when I was born. =P My comp knows a bit more about him than I do, but not by much. Pres. Galvez was a branch president in the Guatemala MTC, but Elder Maradiaga only saw him like 3 times. Nothing drastic has changed as far as I can tell, but it´ll be interesting to see what changes do end up taking place.

Another week passes by, and we´re that much closer to the end of the change. Time just flies, it´s incredible. This week we´ve been battling with the Zone Leaders and their want of numbers. Honestly I don´t see why they´re being so pushy right now, every week our numbers get better and better as we pick up the pieces from past elders. I´m just gonna focus on the work and what the area needs most from us right now. Which brings me to this week´s highlight story: I´M BAPTIZING!!!!
This Saturday is Andres´ baptism, POR FIN!!!! We´ve been working with him for 3 months but finally things are paying off. The first baptism in the branch since a year and a half ago, and we´ve got more we´re planning on. Our main focus this week, aside from Andres, is Juan Carlos. He found new work so that he could come to church Sundays, understood everything about the Plan of Salvation even before we got halfway through it, and he wants to take us fishing on our P-Day in a few weeks. =P
We´re going to see what he thinks of baptism when we see him this Thursday. Wish us luck!

The 4 of us here in Cañas are a bit jumpy right now. Changes are next week, and although none of us SHOULD have changes, you never really know what´s going to happen. Either Elder Litchfield or I could go. Litchfield because his companion goes home in 6 weeks, so they might have someone new come in who´ll have to learn the area, therefore keeping Elder Gonzalez. Or I could go, but who knows. We´ll find out Sunday night what the scam is.

We tried, once again, to visit the place with all the cave paintings but rotton luck struck again. Our best bet is in 2 weeks, but again there´s the chance Litchfield or I won´t be here to go. =( However, we did find the next best thing. An animal reserve, full of parrots, tucans, lynxs, pumas, monkeys, and jaguars. I got some pretty sweet pictures I´ll have to send. All in all it´s been a good day. =)

I´m finally feeling comfortable with the language. These last 2 months I´ve felt like I know the language well enough, but knowing and feeling comfortable are 2 things entirely different. Feeling comfortable for me is being able to express myself in spanish just as well as I can in english. To me, words are power. And if I can speak with force and verb, clearly, powerfully, and backed by the Spirit, there´s nothing I can´t do. I know there´s always going to be more to learn, but I feel really good with how I´ve progressed so far. =)

Alright I´ve gone on long enough. I hope everyone is doing well and that this week finds you all healthy and happy. I´m doing great, working hard, and will be celebrating along with you guys Saturday (Derek´s b-day, Andres´ baptism). I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week! Ciao!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

P.S.- The Zits comics were a breath of fresh air. I wouldn´t mind getting those every week...if, you know, you can... =D
P.P.S.- What´s the chance I could get a Chile Selection Futbol Jersey??? An ex-missionary from Chile was at the activity last Monday and he was wearing one... =P

No comments:

Post a Comment