Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rushed Letter


I´m glad to hear everyone´s doing great for the most part. Glad to hear Logan had fun at scout camp and that´s awesome he did so well in the shotgun shooting! Haha, Ashley working on her tan. =P When are you two flying out for Hawaii???

Alright so here´s what happened over the last week. Tuesday we had interviews with Pres. Gálvez, and I´m happy to say I feel Pres. Gálvez is just who we need to lead this mission right now. I had a good talk with him in my interview about the situation with my companion and he gave me some good ideas on what I can do as junior comp to keep things moving and not let my comp´s "I don´t care attiude" get in the way of what we need to do. Zone Conference was Wednesday and I won´t lie, it was a little weird. Spirits seemed to be down, the APs presentation didn´t have any real direction or message, and the APs themselves seemed to be a little distant from us and themselves. It was...a little off to say the least. Pres. Gálvez finished the conference on a high note with his capacitation at least. =)

Thursday and Friday we had divisions with the zone leaders. I was with my district leader Elder Gonzalez both days in the Cañas area and Elder Zavala was with my comp in La Unión. I was hoping Zavala might be able to give my comp some ánimo buuut...yeah, not sure that happened. Gonzalez goes home in 2 weeks, so he´s been working on his final report twice a week in the mornings. Friday we went to internet for him to type a few things up, aaaaaaaaaand we found Zavala and Maradiaga already there...doing email...and watching YouTube...yeah... I decided I´m not going to wait for Maradiaga to shape up. If he´s not going to make decisions or work on his own, he´ll just have to follow me. I´m tired of wasting time in the park every day.

Saturday made up for it all though. A month ago I threw out the idea with do a talent show for the 2 branches. Well we had our Noche de Talentos Saturday night, and I had a blast. =D I taught my district an easy kadence from drumline, and then we danced to a mix that Litchfield threw together and I ended up coreogrphing (spelling???). "We Will Rock You", "Mr. Roboto", "Kung Fu Fighting", the weird Las Ketchup song Ashley always use to listen to, "The Macarena", "Cotton Eye Joe", and "Thriller". It was really funny, I had a blast doing it. I´ll be sending fotos and video of it all next week.

Alright I have to jet, we´re in San José right now (Elder Maradiaga had to finish his immigration papers) and we have to catch our bus in 20 minutes. I love you all and I hope you all have a grat week!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

P.S.- I don´t know if you can, but could somebody look through my stuff and send me my little white MP3 player???

No comments:

Post a Comment