Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, July 13, 2009

Reflect on Your Present Blessings...

So this last week helped clear the cloudy skies that the week before brought in. I was on divisiones with good old Elder Litchfield Thursday and Friday, and that was definately the medicine I needed. We worked hard and had a blast doing it. Litchfield is so cool, just another guy I´m going to be chilling with after the mission. =D We found a new investigador (POR FIN), and taught some really sick lessons together. I can´t say how grateful I am to have Litchfield with me here. Without question he´s my best friend here in the mission. From the fallout of the week before to how horrible last Monday night went (none of our citas were home) hanging out with Litchfield saved me. I´m really blessed to have him there to pick me up as my comp goes trunky on me.

I got the package on Tuesday! Thanks a ton for the books, they´ve been really interesting to look over. Especially the Missionary Tools booklet, some really good ideas in there. Sadly most of them are out of the question in Tico Land, but others I´ve modified and I´m gonna see how they work out with some members this week. The shoe laces came just in time, thank you so much for that. =)

As far as this week goes, we have interviews tomorrow and zone conference Wednesday. In other words, we´re finally going to meet Presidente Galvez! We´re all really interested and excited to see what happens. Oh yeah, almost forgot! This Saturday we´re having a Talent Show activity. I offered up the idea a few weeks ago and the District President loved the idea, so every group in both branches (young men, young women, priesthood, relief society, and Los Elderes =D) is going to do something. I taught elders Maradiaga, Litchfield, and Gonzalez something from my drumline days, and then Litchfield threw together a dance mix and had me come up with a dance for all of us to do (yay drama!...yeah...). No one is ever going to forget us here, that´s for sure. I´m going to take video to send you guys. It´s going to be pretty hilarious.

Still on the search for a family. My comp still doesn´t want to knock doors...and no one ever has references...so I´m talking to everyone I can in the park. Someone has to invite to their house! I talk to 12 people a day, 7 days a week in the park. More often than not more than that. The odds of someone saying "yes" are not that far fetched, am I right??? =P

All right nothing much else from my side of the woods. I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week. I love you all and know that I´m working hard and I´m very, VERY grateful for all your prayers. It´ll all pay off soon, I know it will.

In parting I´ll leave you with some words from my good friend Charles Dickens which also helped lift my spirits this week. =)

"Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

I love you all!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment