Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, May 4, 2009

I HAVE FOOD!!!

Tell Dad thanks for the fotos! Holy wow, I´m not going to recognize a thing when I get home am I? I barely recognized the backyard! The front porch looks great, and I can´t even begin to describe the change of to the house across the street. They´ve definately pulled a 180 on that thing.
Sounds like everyone´s going to be busy this upcoming summer. A list of everything you want to do from May 1st to Sep 1st? Mom, you´re crazy. I can´t even imagine how long that list is, but I´m willing to bet I could use it has a blanket. =P

Wow, it´s May. Time has flown, it´s weird to think about. This week hasn´t been anything exceptional, still working on helping my companion WANT to work. I have a feeling he´s been slowly getting lazy for a few months now, about the time he left the office (about October of last year). Trunkiness has definately hit the man, and the members can see it as well.
I´m somewhat at a loss as to what I can do, since I´m just junior comp and Elder Pliego reminds me of that often. He calls the shots, I just follow. That´s how he likes things to work. Not exactly the most efficient use of the word "team" but I´m dealing.

Last week on Thursday we had to travel, yet again, to a conference. I´ve never had to travel so much before, it´s been a change for me. We went to a town called Puntarenas on the coast (I actually got to see the beach for once!). Elder Quentin L. Cook was visiting the MTC in Guatemala and invited all the Central American missionaries to watch via satellite. It was a great conference, Elder Cook really struck home some keys points of Preach My Gospel that we need to focus on. My companion just shrugged it off and didn´t take it very seriously, I´m guessing because he´s about to leave for his last area and then he goes home. I guess he figures it doesn´t apply to him because he´s been out for a while.

I made a game plan on things I´m going to change once Elder Pliego leaves. There have been no baptisms in this area for the last year, but I´m going to change that. We had 2 baptismal dates but Elder Pliego keeps delaying the baptisms because he feels they´re not ready. Kind of a headache, since they are far more prepared for baptism than my last 2 have been, but my comp feels otherwise. We´ll just have to see, but I´m afraid the more we postpone the more we risk them changing their minds.

WE FINALLY HAVE MONEY FOR FOOD!!!! I spent almost $40 on food, which is looking like it´ll last me well into the next month. Fine by me, less money I need to spend for next month. Elder Pliego kind of thought it was weird I was actually buying food other than eggs and bread, which is all he bought for himself. But I had enough of eggs last month. The only reason I bought eggs this time round is to make french toast (something Elder DePriest taught me). I don´t know what Elder Pliego has done in his 21 months here, but I´m gonna learn how to cook and not scrape by starving myself every month. I have 17 months to do it, plenty of time. =D

Alright well that´s all I have for the week. I hope everything back home is well and fine. Take care and know that I love you! ¡Ciao!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

P.S.- The fotos are from the trip to Puntarenas. We had an hour to burn, so we took some fotos on the beach. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment