Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, May 18, 2009

Reboot in Canas


Well it´s the start of something new. Changes was awesome, nothing different happened, it was the same as always, but that just means it´s a blast and a real ánimo booster. =) I have video to send you of changes meeting too.

Well my new companion is actually one of the first missionaries I met when I got into Zona Toyopan back in November. Elder Maradiaga from Honduras. Litchfield and I pretty much did a switch with companion status. My old comp had 3 months left and Elder Valerio from Chile was about to complete a year. Now, Litchfield´s companion dies in 3 months and my companion completes a year this week. =P Elder Maradiaga is awesome though, I was so happy to get him as a comp. It feels SOOOO good to get back to work again. Those last few days with Pliego were horrible. I couldn´t get him to leave the house until like 3 p.m. and then we just visited member families and didn´t teach anyone. That´s a sign that a man needs to go home. It affects me mainly because I don´t want to be labeled a lazy elder because my comp was. This week our numbers need to be INCREDIBLE. I don´t want to be a pain for the ZL´s or for President.

The first thing I did with my new comp was take him to meet our branch president. I never knew where the man even lived until last Monday when I forced Pliego to take me there. Our branch president didn´t like Elder Pliego at all, so Elder Maradiaga and I need to redeem missionaries in his eyes and get the ball rolling. We´re baptizing and nothing´s going to stop us!

Today was probably the best p-day I´ve had. We went out to Tilaran, hiked up some hills and then climbed up this big cross. It was a lot of fun, just a chill, relaxed p-day. Which is what I needed because this week we are going to about kill ourselves in the work. "The calm before the storm..." in other words. =P

I did get one of the packages at changes, along with a letter from cousin Mandy and Audre! I ALSO GOT MY FORROS POR FIN!!!!! About time, I´d been waiting for those scripture covers since January. =P All in all changes meeting felt like Christmas. That´s a nice feeling. =D

Also I didn´t realize I had such an audience in the whole blog thing. I feel kinda special. =P

Alright well I better let you guys go. Take care of yourselves and know that I´m doing well, trying to work hard, and loving life. Hopefully next week I´ll have some more exciting news for you guys. =)
Love you!

Your Son,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment