Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Sense of Urgency

Saturday night we had the baptism of Orlando, which went off without a hitch. Sunday we had the confirmation, and to everyone´s surprise we had some unsuspected visitors attend church with us: President Gálvez and his wife Hermana Gálvez.
President Gálvez came in part to make sure that Ulises, who we baptized not quite a month ago, and also Orlando, would be ordained to the priesthood. The branch president here wasn´t going to do it, but it got done and President Gálvez did the ordainations himself. Slowly but surely we´re getting some priesthood power in the branch, which is sorely needed. We also witnessed a son preparing for the mission ordain his dad as well, which kind of hit home for me.

Elder Logan and I had our interviews with President Gálvez on Sunday as well. I had a good and necessary talk with President, and I felt really good afterwards. I figured out something I´ve been faulting over the last few months: A Sense of Urgency. I was seeing the work one way, and missing something key to it all. I´ve been kind of against the way my district leader has been doing things, but I can now see what Pres. Gálvez has said and taught, and how other missionaries have miscontrued it. I have the idea now, and I can see the big change Pres. Gálvez is trying to bring about in his missionaries. I feel a whole new surge of power to start over here ion Siquirres. We have some okay people right now, but Elder Logan and I both decided it´d be best to drop the ones who aren´t progressing and find those who will. We can´t play a waiting game anymore like we sort of have been, we need more of a sense of urgency to get things moving faster than we ever thought they could.

Today was a pretty relaxed P-Day. We met up with the other Limón missionaries and went to the most beautiful beach I have seen on my mission: Playa Cauhita. It was just gorgeous. We climb out over a palm tree and took some funny pictures. I´ll sent you fotos when I can, I had some issues with my USB and Elder Litchfield needed to replace a lot of my fotos from Cañas. Oh yeah, Elder Litchfield says hi too. =P

Alright well I´m sadly out of time. I love you all and I hope this week stays pretty tranquilo like that last. I´m doing great and feeling fine. We have Zone Conference this Wednesday, but other than that we don´t have any big plans this week. We´re hoping to put another baptism date this week, so wish us luck!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment