Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

I don´t see myself havign changes any time soon. I actually expect to be out here until July since things have changed around here. 6 months in an area has become the new norm. There are changes on March 1st, and Elder Logan could be getting changed out, but we really don´t know.

This last week was a hard one. After our interviews with Pres. Gálvez Sunday we were way hyped to get out there a work even harder than before. Tuesday seemed like we were headed in the right direction, or so we thought. Wednesday we had our Zone Conference in San José and I had the chance to talk with the elders who are now in Escazú. It´s good to know there are some solid elders there taking care of my old area.
After Pres. Gálvez´s capacitation Wednesday in the conference we had even more ánimo to just go all out. We pulled out the member directory (it´s a miracle we have one in the first place) and came up with a new plan to work Siquirres: Contact all the inactive members, looking for those who are ready to come back. We started this Wednesday, and it seemed like we were on to something.

The next 4 days killed any and all ánimo we had.

Investigators going AWOL, people rejecting us to the point that there´s no time to even say hi, it´s just been a mess. We tried to make some root beer floats to animate ourselves, but tico ice cream is more cream than ice...yeah that really didn´t work out for us either. =P

Elder Logan and I decided if things are this bad right now it just means something good is on the way. We did manage to contact an old family of investigators, and Elder Logan feels they could be what turns things around. We visit them tomorrow, and I pray things start picking up soon.

This Wednesday we´re headed to the temple with the zone. It´s been 6 months since I last went, and I´ve been needing this for a while. I hate not being able to go to the temple as often as I want, I´m going to take full advantage of that when I get home. I´m just hurting for some inspriation on what to do in the area that hasn´t already been done. I´m hoping to receive some answers Wednesday.

Nothing else really happened this week. Hopefully this coming week is a bit more eventful. Today we´re taking a bus out to another part of the area to locate some members who recently moved out here. They´re strong members from one of Elder Logan´s old areas, and exactly what the branch here is hurting for right now. I´m hoping this week is just a week of miracles, because we need them right now.

Have a great week, stay safe, and know that I´m at the very least still alive and kicking. =P I love you all and I hope you had a great Valentine´s Day!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment