Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Full House

This last week was better in some ways and the same in others. Tuesday after district meeting we found and taught this black guy named Jefferson. We were really super pumped because he´s really humble and just a cool guy. The rest of Tuesday followed with appointments falling through and getting rejected, but it happens. Wednesday we went to the temple. I just remembered my first time going to the temple here during my first month in the country and how I couldn´t understand ANYTHING that was being said. Now it´s just like, "hey...I understand everything...when the freak did that happen???"
It was nice to be in the temple again. I can´t wait to live somewhere so I can visit the temple at least once week. Pretty sure I´d go insane without that.

On the way back from San José I was talking to Elder Nelson, who was part of my MTC district. He got me super hyped to go to BYU-Idaho. The thought of it just feels right. =)

Friday some of the secretaries came an ransacked our house. =P We had some extra matresses, an extra fridge, and a ton of tables lying around. Some new areas are getting opened up this next change, so they´re getting things ready to rent out apartments and what not.

I figured out where all the disánimo was coming from. After days and now a week of "bad days" Elder Logan and I just got really discouraged with it all. Our attitudes took a dive for a bit. I was looking over some of my notes from the MTC, and I found one of the last counsels Hermano Crane gave us the day we were leaving to enter the mission:

"Bad days don´t exist, only bad moments. But you can´t let those
moments bring you down. That´s Satan talking."

No matter how people may offend us, which they do try to do every day, all we can do is laugh, brush it off, and keep on keeping on. The work is going to keep moving forward, and the escogidos are going to be found and baptized no matter what. Who cares how many times we get rejected? It´s part of the job. We knew when we first made the decision to come what we were getting ourselves into, and we accepted it. And it´s not the people you need to get mad at. Only the false traditions of their fathers.

We ended the week on a mixed note. We had 88 people attend church, almost double than normal. It was incredible. We were pulling out seats from classrooms and squeezing them in where we could just to fit everyone. They even had to bless the water for the sacrament twice because 2 trays wasn´t enough. =P
On the flip side we brought our new "investigator" Jefferson to church...only to find out he was baptized when he was a kid. He just didn´t remember. Go figure. =P

Alright I don´t have much else to tell you guys, nor do I have a lot of time left to write. I´m in Puerto Limón right now, we´re going to play some real american football with some tico gangsters. =P This should be fun. ;)

I love you all. Take care and have a great week. I´ll write back, as always, next week. Oh yeah, Changes are next week. I don´t think anything is going to happen with me, but we´ll see. Ciao!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment