Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Not P-Day

Sounds like lfe continues back home. That house has changed so much since we first moved in NO ONE would believe it´s the same house as what it was. But change is good. As I´ve said before, I thrive on change. Life´s just more exciting that way.

Today we had a Zone Conference, so no P-Day for us, just the chance to write home and then it´s back to work. It was a great conference though, one of the best I´ve had in the mission so far. Elder Don R. Clarke of the Seventy came and spoke to us. I love it when general authorities come a speak to us, because what we see watching Conference is nothing like how they are in person. Elder Clarke was hilarious, he really knew how to catch our attention and keep the ball rolling. It was a great conference, and I have a whole list of things to try out and change to help build the kingdom in Escazú. When I introduced myself to Elder and Sister Clarke, Sister Clarke asked me where I was from (in spanish of course). When I answered from Idaho she replied "Elder you´re suprising us!" I love it when that happens. I´ve been with latino comps long enough that I finally have a bit of an accent in my spanish, so it´s not hard to convince people I´m not a gringo. =P

This week Elder Muñoz and I have been focusing on one of our investigadors in specific. Her name his Kenia, and she lives with her menos activo boyfriend Sergio. They have a son whose a little over a year old. Muñoz and his last companion had been working with her for a few months, but trying to convince Sergio to get married was out of the question. POR FIN, Muñoz and I have gotten him on board and they´re working for marraige. Wednesday I had an idea so we found an internet cafe and quickly typed out some "applied scripture". We´re so close, we just need to sit down with BOTH of them and talk about when and how this is going to happen. I´m hoping we can plan the wedding date for the first Saturday of November, and have Kenia´s baptism on the second Saturday. Any prayers offered would be especially helpful. =D

I also realized I´ve walked so far and climbed so many hills in the last year, I might as well walk everywhere when I get home. I literally climb a MOUNTAIN every day here, and by some miracle it doesn´t phase me. Missionary endurance. Gotta love it.

Be expecting an email soon from a family here in Escazú. There´s a gringo family here, the Dorsey Family, who had us over for dinner the other day, took a picture, and Hna. Dorsey plans on emailing you soon. They´re a really cool family. Hna. Dorsey served a mission in Honduras, and Hno. Dorsey in Spain. Really cool family, really funny too. =P

Alright well that´s all I have for the week. I hope all is well back home and everyone is doing fine. No worries about me, I´m over the sinus infection and all that jazz. The cough is still with me, as usual, but otherwise I´m back in action. Now, Elder Muñoz got hit with a pretty tough cold, he was bed-ridden for most of Saturday. Poor guy.

Take care and have a great week. I love you all and I´ll talk to ya hoy en ocho. Oh yeah, this is great, guess who has a vacation home in my area??? Begins with a Chuck and ends in a Norris. I´ll be sending fotos in a few weeks. =P

¡PURA VIDA!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment