Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos a Mi

In 3 days, I turn 21. At this time I feel both old and excited. Old because I´m the oldest in my district by at least 8 months, and yet we all have the same time in the mission. ;)
Excited because this is my 1st birthday in the mission, which is awesome. =D

This last week was a rough one. Having been in this area for almost 6 months now I have managed to contact everyone who lives within my boundaries, most of whom I somehow remember by name, and I´ve knocked every blasted door 3 times or more, depending on the neighborhood. I count my lucky stars that Elder Litchfield has been with me every step of the way these last 6 months. I would´ve lost my mind a long time ago were it not for him. =P

In other words, I think I might´ve killed my area...just maybe... =S

I talked with the ZLs and my district leader, Elder Stevens, and we all decided they just need to do what we call a "white wash": Throw 2 new guys into the area who know nothing about it. Zuñiga and I keep working hard every day, by some miracle or another, but nobody wants anything from us. It´s both sad and disappointing, but it happens. My patriarchal blessing told me straight out the mission wouldn´t be easy for me, but I just gotta keep on trying. We really need to find someone new to teach, the investagators we have are not progressing and are on the way to being dropped soon if we can´t help them keep at the very least one commitment.

This week holds promise to be exactly what I need to keep on going for the next 2 weeks or so. The good thing about being here in Cañas for 6 months is all the members love me, which means they all want to give me cake. =D

And I have absolutely NOOOOOO problem with that. ;)

(Side Note: Mom you should try to find the recipe for something that´s called Tres Leches. It´s the best desert in this country!)

We have B-DAY appointments Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with a few of my favorite families. I will admit I am a little scared though...there´s a tradition here to throw eggs at people on their birthday...we did it to Elder Campbell before he went home. =P

Buuuuuut I´d rather that not happen to me until NEXT year. At least then they can ruin my clothes and I WON´T CARE, seeing how I´ll be going home 3 weeks later. =P

But I still have a year left. Which means, I need my clothes. =P

Alright well, not much else to say about this week. I´ve got quite a few fotos to send home, hope you like them. Thanks for sending the fotos from Hawaii! It was good to see some new fotos from the family. =D

I love you all, I hope all is well, and I can´t wait to hear from you again next week!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment