Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Monday, August 24, 2009

¡Cuidado con la Torta!

Sounds like Hawaii was amazing, I hope I get the chance to visit myself someday. I hope everything back home is okay.

This week was okay. We worked hard but we´re still struggling to find new investigators. We´re going to be trying some new things this week with members to get some references for once. I pray something happens to turn things around quick.
Thursday we went on divisions with the members, I was with the branch president Pres. Reynier. We went to visit our investigator Robin and his mom (por fin). We´ve been trying to talk with the mom forever, but we´re still at a stalemate with Robin. The mom doesn´t have a problem with Robin getting baptized, as long as it´s Robin who says something about...and he hasn´t said anything to her...there´s really no communication in this family whatsoever. It´s just kind of a brickwall in that arena until Robin has the desire to take things into his own hands. We can only do so much with where we´re at right now.
Saturday we threw together a youth activity for the 2 branches. We were planning on about 20 youth or so, so you can imagine our surprise when 50 YOUTH showed up at the church. We had very little leaders to begin with, 6 from my branch and only 2 from the other, but we made due. =P We had a ton of games planned, but it took so long to organize all the teams that we were only able to do a few. Human wheelbarrel race (I don´t remember what it´s called in english), tug-o-war, and then the water balloon toss were just a few we were able to do. We end with scripture trivia, and if you answered wrong you got a pie to the face. Overall a lot of fun and then leaders were really impressed with all we were able to do with very little money. =P
Poor Elder Zuñiga, he was pretty much incharge of the whole thing, and trying to control 50 kids was just fatal. It was a lot of fun though and with the amount of youth that came (both members and investigators) we definately accomplished our goal. We even found a few new investigators, which helps us out a lot. Elder Zuñiga and I knocked all week long and only 2 people let us in. It´s hard when I´m knocking everything for the 3rd or 4th time, and finding new people to teach through knocking just isn´t helping us out right now.

Today is my 11 month mark. Crazy how fast time is actually passing by. Weird to think I´ve been in this area for 5 months, going for 6. I just want to leave the area with one more baptism at the very least, and I know we can do it. Between Robin and this Jehovah Witness girl we´re teaching (Hazel) we´re SO close. Just need to keep working hard and with everything we have, and sooner or later it´ll all pay off.

Anyways, I hope you´re all doing well back home. I can´t believe you guys go back to school this week. Where did the summer go??? Well, when the end of summer you know what that means? BIRTHDAY TIME! 10 days till 21...freak I´m old. =P

I love you all and I can´t wait to hear from you next week!
Cuidense mucho y disfrute el nuevo año de escuela!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment