Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Soaked to the Bone

This week went alright, apart from the insane thunder storms that have been soaking us from head to toe. I haven´t come home dry in a while. =P


We managed to finally find some new families to teach, and the search continues this week as always. Yesterday we had 3 investigators in church, although we had to pull some strings so that members would pass by for them in the morning. We did finally have a Sunday with a "decent" church attendance. Friday my companion and I sat down and planned out everything for August. We´re going to be pushing ourselves a bit, but if we don´t no one else will.


Last night as I sat in bed thinking about what all needs to be down for the area, it suddenly hit me that I only have two months left. It just hit me like a brick wall. There´s so much to do here and so little time. If we just follow our plans, little by little I hope to see progress. As the saying goes "No one ever plans to fail; they just fail to plan."


Not a whole lot going on around here right now. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we have zone conference in Rio Claro. I´m looking forward to it, especially for President Galvez´s capacitation. Always a good chance to put into play new ideas we haven´t thought of yet.


Have I mentioned how weird it is to do the finances after church Sundays??? It´s one of the weirdest moments of the week, putting together all the financial reports to send to the central offices in San José. Just weird to be the one doing that stuff.


I´m glad to hear you guys have had a fun week. I hope Dad enjoyed his birthday. =D So Ashley is leaving for BSU on the 14th? She´ll be home for Tylan´s homecoming then. He gets home on the 11th (at least that´s what he last told me. I haven´t heard from him since they changed all our email accounts back in March). Just to be saying that sounds weird. Has time really passed like this?


Alright I don´t have much else to tell you guys about this week. Take care, be safe, and enjoy the time you all have together before Ashley leaves for college. I love you all.


Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment