Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Sunday, January 31, 2010

7 Days of Rain With Baptism

Wow that´s crazy Hermana Dorsey got in contact with you. That family is so cool, I was really blessed with the opportunity to visit with them as often as we did.

Glad to hear things back home are going smoothly. Any more news if Dad´s going to need surgery again? I forgot to mention this last week, but I was wondering if you guys are still planning to pick me up at mission´s end. I´d actually like to spend even just a few days showing you guys around, but I don´t know the money situation back home. Especially if Dad´s going to need surgery again, I know that kind of put a dent in things last year.

After 7 days straight of rain, we had the baptisms for Ulises and his family Saturday night. There was a bit of craziness that happened, but in the end everything went fine. Elder Logan baptized Ulises and the daughter Carolinne, and I baptized Iraydelis. Elder Logan doesn´t have changes afterall, as we thought he would. He´s going on 7 and a half months in the area now. It´s going to be a challenge working since he feels like he´s done everything he can (kind of like I did in Cañas), but we´ll make it work.

Today we went to a hidden waterfall with the zone leaders, Elder Carr and Elder Shrock. I think the first waterfall I saw in Cañas was better, but this one was pretty sweet with the water flying out like cannon fire. It was so loud though, holy wow. My normal shoes are shredded. Not sure if they can last 8 months more, but we´ll see what happens. I´ve gone this long without buying a single article of clothing, I´d like to keep it that way.

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week. I´m doing well and working hard. Take care and I can´t wait to hear from you next week. Ciao!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment