Elder Ryan R. Nunez

Costa Rica San Jose Mission
September 2008 - September 2010

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

White Washed

Well, where do I begin. Friday night I got the call from my district leader, Elder Curtis, about changes. We knew Elder Muñoz would have changes, but it NEVER crossed our minds that we´d BOTH be getting changed out. They "white-washed" the area, threw 2 new elders in the area. Elder Muñoz is with the new elders today, showing them where our investigators live, the ward leaders, less active families, and all that jazz. He´ll be going to his new area tomorrow.
I´m now in the province of Limón, a little town called Siquirres with my first gringo companion in 7 and a half months, Elder Logan from Sandy, Utah.

Living Escazú was hard for a lot of reasons. First, Monday night Elder Muñoz and I put a baptism date with a young lady we´ve been visiting, Janet Torres. We planned everything for the 19th of December. A now I won´t be there to see it happen. =( Oh well, things happen for a reason. After we got the news of changes we had very little time to say goodbye to everyone. Several families invited us over for last minute lunch and dinner appointments Saturday and Sunday. I literally got sick from eating so much. The highlight of it all was seeing how much the members would miss us when we told them we were both leaving. Kenia and Sergio both came to church Sunday as well, which was better than anything else I could ask for.

Throughout the week, before getting hit with the changes news, we were really getting into the Christmas mood. Several families invited us to help them set up their Christmas trees. I loved it! Especially since I didn´t get to do that last year. =P

As far as the Christmas call home goes, I can´t call to set up the call like we´ve done in the past. President Gálvez asked us to set up the call by internet (what time and all that). I don´t know what the time difference is. Kind of makes things harder I guess. Just tell me if I should call you first Christmas morning, and then have you call me back. That might work out.

Alright I gotta go but I love you all and I hope you all have a great week! I´m doing good, exploring a new area with a new companion. Hopefully this sudden change doesn´t spoil Christmas. =P
Take care and I´ll talk to you next week!

Tu Hijo,
Elder Nunie

No comments:

Post a Comment